If you would like to link to us....

If you would like to link to us go right ahead, I do ask though that if you know us in real life that you use my kids blog names if you refer to them. I don't use them in my blog or the title for safety purposes. Thanks so much!
~April

Friday, November 20, 2009

Grandparents

Today I took the kids up to my parents house for a visit. This doesn't happen as often as I would like it too, but I'm sure glad it happens when it does. :)

First the kids raided the sugar stockpile and then asked if they could go outside. Grandpa J went outside with them... and Goober and him played tag for a bit. I LOVE the fact that a man that is over fifty years old is not above chasing his six year old grandson around the backyard! I tried hard to get my camera in time to catch it, but I missed it... darned purse being five bazillion yards away. I did get a picture of them all standing out by the (empty? or soon to be empty?) pond throwing rocks in.

When they came inside they raided the Oreos stockpile, grabbed some chocolate milk, and asked Gma and Gpa Jones to start a movie for them.... then proceeded to ignore aforementioned movie and built forts on the couch and pulled out a bunch of toys to play with, and of course pulled out the markers and the crayons and started coloring. :)

We left to come home after Jer should have been home from work and on the way Missy said that she had a fun day playing at Gma and Gpas house, Goober seconded the statement... and of course EB babbled along in the background.

I'm so thankful I have my parents around.

4 comments:

Kar said...

That is so stinkin' cute that Grandpa J chases the kids around. And I think that picture is precious - a big, tall man and three munchkins. I love how you describe what your kids do when they get to the grandparents' house. It reminds me of my kids, when they go to my parents' house. They make a beeline for anything sugary.

Winders said...

*sigh*
I'm so glad you realize the value of living nearby :)

Anonymous said...

Yep, I love our parents too :D

Anonymous said...

Wonderful tender moments ....thnx for sharing.. =)