Ain't husbands great? (Yes, I know ain't, ain't a word... but I ain't going to stop... so SUCK IT TREBEK!)
My hubby and I had a good talk Saturday night... after, I admit, me having a bit of a tantrum...
This week we are not getting on the computer until we feel like we have accomplished something.
Monday we cleaned out the pantry and vacuumed the whole house and I did laundry during the day around errands.
Tuesday Jer cleaned the bathrooms and I started painting the last bar stool and shelf that have been sitting in the garage waiting to be painted for over a year... Jer also put up the heating vents in the basement and the water access covers that have also been waiting for a year to get done... easy but for some reason just never gotten to. I also swept and mopped earlier in the day.
Each evening the kids have taken turns picking out a DVD... they only get one a day now... and we have sat down as a family to enjoy it.
Today I cleaned out and organized the shelves in the kitchen. I read to the kids, and I got the book order filled out for Goobers school. I have a hair appointment and I plan on going to the store and getting paint....
I have to say, it's really nice to feel like things are getting done, when before I was too overwhelmed to do them or to even start... now I feel like there is some hope that one day MAYBE I might get caught up. Maybe my house will look like mine (I'm going to see what can be done about painting the kitchen tonight), and maybe my house might get decluttered. But for now, just turning off the computer and sitting down to watch a movie as a family has helped me to realize (yet again) that most of those things don't matter as long as our family knows we love each other.
Needless to say, today is a good day. Hope it continues....
P.S. Jer is planning a trip to get me away from home for while and give me a chance to miss my kids... Sometimes missing them is a godsend and helps you realize what you have.
8 comments:
I agree - sometimes you have to get away to realize how much you miss your kids. When I had to work, I really, really missed them, tantrums and all. :)
Way to go! sounds like a very productive day. I have to put myself on restrictions from the computer sometimes too. It's such a good feeling to have your priorities in the right order.
I hope you and Jer have a wonderful time on your getaway!
You're so cute. I totally understand the little projects that aren't really pressing, and get put off for way too long. It's just a matter of doing them. YAY for that!
And if you need help painting, please give me a call. (My phone # is the same even though it's on a cell phone now. Just so you know.) It was such a help to me when you came and helped me paint our basement. I actually really love painting.
Oh, and I've been spending more time away from the computer (both forced and choice), and it's really been nice.
COME SEE ME!!
awesome! I'm going to follow your lead, thanks for the inspiration!!
Cheers to your hubbie! What a great idea :)
I'm impressed by your ability to take a great idea and put it into action.
Love you, sis
You are getting soo much done! I'm envious :)
Post a Comment