So Saturday was the schools openhouse :) And then today Goober and Lissy took off for the big first day!
And yes, I'm aware that these don't look much like "first day" pictures... I think it's the lack of backpacks, but HEY no backpacks means no daily homework... and I'm ALL FOR that! :)
And in other recent news, we are "trying out" a dog for a couple of days. Here, meet Whiskey... he's a mutt, but a pretty nice one and he isn't going to grow any more... I do have to brush him and if we keep him I'm going to have to cut his hair too. Sooooo we shall see....
4 comments:
How exactly does one "try out" a dog? Do you rent him for a couple of days from a shelter or what?
And because I am curious, why did y'all decide to put your kids in a charter school (is it a charter school)?
And did the kidlets have a good first day?
LOL the previous owner wanted him to have a home that would just adore him and wanted to make sure everyone would be happy and that he wouldn't just get sent off to the pound as soon as she dropped him off. She agreed to let us "Try him out" for a couple of days.
He was really good, but honestly I think my youngest is still too young for a dog.
I put my kids in the Charter school because their assigned public school failed all of it's state testing and because my son was telling me at least every other day that he hated school... in the 1st grade... way too early! So I thought maybe a different teaching method would do them good :)
PS Becky's kids are in a charter as well.
Cute dog! Too bad(?)it didn't work out. Thanks for the first day of school photos! Warms a granny's heart.
He looks like a good dog to have - not too big, and most likely, potty trained? I think it's a good idea to "try out" a dog before making a decision. That's what my friend Megs did. Very smart.
Post a Comment