When I tell you how I feel,
When I say what I think,
or how I see things...
I'm not forcing my opinion.
I don't need you to agree with me.
It would be nice, but honestly...
are the best conversations when everyone agrees?
Nosomuch.
Really, all I want is for you to
understand,
for you to put yourself in my shoes.
That's it, nothing more.
5 comments:
It's nice to hear all the varying opinions about different topics. It gets my noggin thinking. And how boring would life be if everyone thought the same things and liked the same things?
You always listen to others open-mindedly - people need to give you the same consideration.
I agree with Nat and Kar...listening to other opinions helps us grow and solidify our own beliefs. And just because opinions differ doesn't mean that respect shouldn't be given.
I wanted that to sound profound. Too bad it didn't work.
I think you are awesome April.
There. The end.
You're right, when everyone agrees, conversations can get lame. Different views make for interesting conversations.
Yay for appreciating and valuing our differences!!! Have you ever thought about our differences making a vacation or travel worth while? I kinda like the salad bowl (valuing and celebrating our differences)analogy rather than the melding pot (assimilation, all the same)analogy for our nation. This isn't about "tolerance" as much as it is about inquisitive & respectful interest -- a "yay, me!" opportunity for others.
Post a Comment