Sorry I've been AWOL for a bit. :D We have been painting our house.
No, the renters didn't damage it any worse than normal wear and tear...
The carpet has always been crap, since before we moved in, so we decided to replace it, at the same time we figured "why not paint too? since we won't have to worry about ruining the carpet and all that...."
So alas, we started painting. And painting, and painting. We had to repaint the ceilings as the original builder was L-aaaaaa-ZY and they had painted all of the ceilings the same khaki color that the walls were. So we primed them, and painted them, and painted them again. Then we started on the walls.
Yes, all of the walls. Including the one above the stairwell (which freaks me out).
Then we edged the ceiling, again, and again. Then the walls, 2 times. After that we let each of the kids pick out a wall color for their bedrooms (only one wall though... I'm not THAT awesome of a mom).
Turbo picked green, like grass green. It took 4 coats to get it on smooth. The other two kids picked red and purple respectively. Those weren't nearly as bad.
Now? Well, right this moment I'm hanging out at our house while the carpet guys do their thing.
YAY!!!! As soon as they are done I will vacuum (because there is always carpet bits spread around afterword) and then .... well, then I plan on starting to move crap!!!
Mwhahahahaha! So excited! (and the kiddos don't have school tomorrow... so that helps too!)
1 comment:
Yayayayayayay! I wish we could get new carpet. Ours is total crap and always has been.
Post a Comment