If you would like to link to us....

If you would like to link to us go right ahead, I do ask though that if you know us in real life that you use my kids blog names if you refer to them. I don't use them in my blog or the title for safety purposes. Thanks so much!
~April

Sunday, November 9, 2008


Since Goober has a new good friend that he likes to play with, there are times that Missy feels a little left out. Like when Goober and Bee go to play at Bee's house for a while... and Missy isn't invited.

It's not that Missy doesn't play well with the kids here... just that Bee is Goober's Friend and is an only child. Bee doesn't really get the whole younger sibling thing and I think she gets overloaded sometimes with Missy tagging along in their play, so she wants to go play with Goober at her house.

With Goober being our oldest child I, as a parent, have never had to deal with this before. Also, I am 5 years younger than my closest sibling... so I don't remember how my parents dealt with this.

I need to find Missy her own friend that lives nearby, but don't know of any yet.

For you "seasoned" parents out there... and for you not so "seasoned" that have good ideas.... what do/would you do with this situation?

3 comments:

FluffyChicky said...

We have this same sort of problem right now too...The Boy gets to do all sorts of things because he is the big second grader and The Girl is still in preschool and can't do all of the stuff her brother can...so what we have tried to do is when The Boy is doing something special (like playing at a friend's house or going to a birthday party), then we let The Girl choose something fun that she would like to do with just Mommy or Daddy...usually we play Barbies and she "does" my hair...but the point is we try and make her feel special too.

Um, nevermind...I have no idea what to do either.

Nat said...

We make sure our kids are anti-social so that one kid having friends is not an issue. :)

Kar said...

Nat is funny. I need to have you guys over to play again. Dylan has been asking to go to your house - but now you're not there!! I remember how annoyed I would get when my younger sisters (except Nat - I never minded having her play with my friends and me)would tag along. My mom would find something to distract said sister for awhile. She's nice. If it was me, I'd be like, "You're involving your younger sister, or you aren't playing!" Because I'm lazy like that.