If you would like to link to us....

If you would like to link to us go right ahead, I do ask though that if you know us in real life that you use my kids blog names if you refer to them. I don't use them in my blog or the title for safety purposes. Thanks so much!
~April

Thursday, November 20, 2008

They've Made So Many Friends!

So I mentioned in an earlier post that Goober had made a good friend.

Well, apparently he has made a few. He has three good friends within walking distance for him (which means within 5 houses from here). Most of them have siblings except of course for Bee.

I've notices the Goober doesn't usually want to play at his friends houses though... I was a little concerned about that for a couple of days. Bee's mom mentioned that he seams to miss home whenever he is at her house playing and after only a short time comes up with an excuse to come home and play here.

Well, yesterday Ken came over to play for a while, then he and Goober decided to go play at his house. Goober asked if Missy My could come with them. I said that was fine as long as Ken was ok with that. Ken quickly asked Missy if she was going to be too loud (because his little sister was taking a nap)... Missy agreed to be quiet when needed and off they went... all three of them.

Today Goober asked if he could go to Ken's house. I said yes, he asked if Missy could go with him. Again I said yes... but only if he kept an eye on her and if she was trouble if he would walk her home. He agreed and off they went.

He seams a load more comfortable at his friends houses with Missy there. I'm so glad that he loves his little sister so much. I'm so glad they are such good friends. I'm also very grateful for the fact that I know all of Goober's friends parents from when we used to live in this neighborhood three years ago. It's so wonderful that such great people stuck around.

---

PS the house we offered on yesterday basically said they weren't willing to negotiate. Guess we will be here for a little bit. Which isn't such a bad thing. We can work on paying off our van while we wait... heck, maybe something in this neighborhood will come up for sell in our range and we can live near here and not leave the kids new friends....

6 comments:

Christy said...

Thank you so much for letting me know about your dad. I would love to hear more happy ending stories about people living with this disorder. And thanks for volunteering to watch my kids, I'll send them right away! When my husband comes home this Friday I am walking straight out the door to go to dinner with friends, and I'm not sure when I plan on returning.
Isn't it great having friends for your kids so close? And I love that they want to play together. You have obviously done something very right. Keep up the awesome parenting.

Tyson and Rachelle said...

Holy moly! Ahren is found! Yea! I can't believe how big her kids are! Thanks for giving my her blog!!!

Stephanie said...

Wow April, I can't believe you remember that! Thanks for the support. It will be great. It's so amazing when your kids have great friends. Yesterday morning Lisy told me her 2 friends told her they weren't her best friends anymore and it broke my heart. I think they made up, though, so hopefully it will all be ok. Glad to know that Goober has great friends.

Erika Kiel said...

I would like Abrie to make a few neighborhood friends, but it's mainly for selfish reasons. It's not Abrie who needs the friends, it's me! :D

Nat said...

I'm so glad they've made friends! And I think some kids are more home-bodies than others.

Kar said...

Good for them for making friends so rapidly. And how sweet that Goober finds the presence of his sister to be comforting. Maybe he misses being home because he misses all of his sweet toys!! I think that's Dylan's true motive for wanting to play with Goober all the time - Goober has the coolest toys of anyone Dylan knows! Hey, I was really busy for a few weeks, so I didn't comment, but now I've commented on all your posts - so you'll have to go back a couple of pages to read them all. Miss ya. I'll call you and have you and the kids over soon.