I really try to discourage my children from using "potty" humor. You know, like saying "poop" for no good reason outside of just getting a laugh out of their siblings.
I try to explain to them that the only time you should refer to things like that is when there is a reason.... aka they have to use the potty. They need to say their "bum" hurts cause they fell on something, or some other good reason.
Yeah, I think I need to start lecturing my husband on these SAME THINGS. Ugh.
Here is what happened today.
After dinner Missy asks Jer if he will play with her My Little Ponies with her.
He agrees and the following ensues:
Missy: pretending like My Little Pony is talking "My hair is Soooooo beautiful!"
Jer: Pretending like his My Little Pony is talking "My hair is beautiful too, but sometimes it gets in my face."
Missy:"My tail is beautiful too!"
Jer:"My tail is beatiful too, but sometimes I get poo in it"
UMMMMM EWWWWW
I almost spit the Squirt I was drinking all over my NEWLY MOPPED kitchen floor.
Me:"Why did you just say THAT?"
Jer:"Ummmm your reaction was the best part."
Ugh. MEN.
---
Oh, and for future reference Missy, PLEASE don't ask your father to do "girlie" things he will ALWAYS end up doing something that mortifies mom.
4 comments:
Ha Ha Ha!! This made me laugh on a laugh-less day! Thank you!
I love it! And the fact that Jer was WILLING to play with Missy's my little ponies amazes me. Of course, that's how guys play, I guess. Typical... =)
Wow, it's like an excerpt straight from my house. There's constant "poop" talk over here. *sigh*
Ditto on what Nat said...if we can have any conversation that doesn't have poop in it, it is a good day. The sad thing is, my girl is usually the one who starts it. Sigh.
Post a Comment