We dyed eggs.
Sad thing is that I'm not much of a celebrator of holidays... I don't really get into it that much. I think this may be the first time we have ever dyed eggs. I know. Sad.
Needless to say the kids liked it, even though Goober was complaining about his ear hurting (it went away though thank goodness). They really liked the little crayon thing that you write on the eggs with to keep the dye from sticking. :D I colored some for EB cause he was down for a nap. I did NOT want to fight him while doing eggs. Heavens, that would NOT be fun! So I avoided that too. :)
Anyhow, guess I should probably bite the bullet and get the rest of the stuff for Easter, huh.
4 comments:
I haven't dyed eggs ONCE with my children. This year we're getting candy, and are already doing about a hundred egg hunts, so I figure that covers me. Maybe when my kids are older we'll attempt the egg-dying. I still need to get some Cadbury creme eggs for my Easter basket; the kids are getting a LITTLE bit of candy (last year I got way too much) and some new clothes.
I'm totally out of touch with Easter this year, because I've been more occupied with getting ready for the baby. Hopefully we will get a chance to dye eggs on Saturday.
Yeah, I told Carsen we were going to dye eggs, a few minutes later he asked what we were going to do with the eggs we killed...I don't think I explained "DYE" very well...
I usually avoid holiday stuff until the last minute, too, but for some reason, I was all excited about Easter this year, and I got all their basket candy and little teeny toys for their baskets early. We dyed eggs on Saturday night, and thanks to The Klutz (a.k.a. Sadie), our table is now purple and pink. Seriously.
Post a Comment