Ok, so today I bailed on church (again) and went fly fishing with my dad. (I, of course, forgot my camera)
It was great! We don't get many chances to talk one on one anymore these days, what with my kids and with dad's work. So it was a great change to go out into the outdoors and race up the river on his little boat.
We saw an eagle that was sitting on one of the gravel bars take flight and soar majestically above our heads and off to some unknown destination. I noticed that the leaves are starting to show the first shades of yellow that will soon become fall.
We anchored the boat and dad lent me some of his waders and we ventured out into the river to try and snag a fish. We saw plenty jumping. I had never tried using waders before and actually really enjoyed it, even if the footing was a little slippery. Moss will do that you know?
The wind did chase us off the river after a while, but we were able to get a little time in and lunch on the way back down the river. Dad even spotted a "Hog" ... pst that's a massive fish in dadese.
We didn't catch anything, but honestly... I didn't really care. It was just so nice to be out of the house, out of the neighborhood, out of the city. And then add the added bonus that I wasn't trying to coral my offspring and I was in good company and you have .... mom nirvana.
1 comment:
So fun. It sounds like a gorgeous day. I always forget my cameras on wonderful days like that, too. And how cool, to have one-on-one time with the papa. A "hog." Who knew that's what big fish are called? I saw a "hog" on a country road today. It was huge, and right in the middle of the road. It looked like it fell out of someone's truck or something. You expect to see squirrel roadkill, or skunk, or even cat, but a fish? That was different.
Post a Comment