If you would like to link to us....

If you would like to link to us go right ahead, I do ask though that if you know us in real life that you use my kids blog names if you refer to them. I don't use them in my blog or the title for safety purposes. Thanks so much!
~April

Tuesday, March 8, 2011

Poor Sickos :(

So, as you know, last Friday Missy was sick. I mainly attributed it to something that was probably food related.

Yeah, that was a mistake I think.

Last night Goober came into my room around midnight to tell me he couldn't sleep and wasn't feeling well. So I took his temperature (it was a little high) and gave him some kids Motrin and some kids Pepto tablets and sent him back to bed hoping that would stave whatever it was off.

Within an hour I hear him yelling for me. As I go into his room he tells me that he puked, and then he continued to puke. I tried to mitigate some of the damage, thinking that since his bed was already a mess I just wanted him to keep the mess there.

I ran and got Jer (who was downstairs watching a movie) and we both went to work getting things cleaned up, which was a huge job because Goober sleeps on the top bunk and that is definitely not the best place to throw up at. I should have moved him to the bottom bunk when he started complaining about not feeling well. Live and learn I guess1!

I put Goober in the bath, and got Turbo a bed fixed up on the front room couch so that he could continue to sleep (thank goodness he wasn't sleeping in the line of fire!), then proceeded to take the bedding that Jer was stripping off of the boys beds and spraying the gunk off in the kitchen sink with the sprayer. Jer proceeded to use the carpet cleaning solution on the boys carpet and while I was throwing things into the washing machine he made the boys beds.

We decided that Goober should sleep on the bottom bunk in case he got hit with another bout of the stuff. Turbo slept the rest of the night on the couch.

When we were all done and Goober was tucked back into bed and had the "puke bowl" close at hand Jer tells me that he doesn't feel so hot either.

This morning was the first time since I've known Jer that he actually physically upchucked. Keep in mind that we have been married over nine years... ya, the man hated throwing up and would rather feel crappy for an extended period of time than do it.

Anyways, I really hope that this stuff passes quickly for the boys like it did for Missy and that somehow Turbo and I are able to avoid it.

1 comment:

Winders said...

:(
Get well, soon!