If you would like to link to us....

If you would like to link to us go right ahead, I do ask though that if you know us in real life that you use my kids blog names if you refer to them. I don't use them in my blog or the title for safety purposes. Thanks so much!
~April

Monday, March 7, 2011

Trying to clean out the wrong folder

Tonight I was looking at my email. I thought "Hey! Maybe I should clean out some of my folders!"

I clicked "Manage folders" and looked at which ones had the most memory in them. Turned out my "Family" folder had the most. So I clicked there and started to sift.

Yeah, not such a good idea.

You know how time is supposed to help heal? Apparently re-reading things that have happened in the past undoes that. I don't know if there is real healing from some things.

I thought about just deleting it all... then thought, it will probably be important someday for my children to understand the dynamics of certain relationships and why they are the way they are.

I should probably print those emails out, but then I wouldn't know what to do with them and I would probably come across them more often and just end up crying again.

So, so much for trying to clean out that folder.

Maybe in a couple more years...

2 comments:

Ahren said...

That's no fun. If the e-mails cause so much pain why do you want to keep them? I guess what I'm trying to say is is it really necessary to hang in to things from the past that may be making it hard to heal from those things. If there's not something to do that can resolve the issue sometimes it's better to let it go than keep reminding ourselves of the hurtful situation.
I don’t know what the situation is and I hope you know I'm not trying to judge your decisions I just wanted to offer my thoughts in hopes that they might be helpful.

Unknown said...

I keep them because I know that some day my children will probably ask about certain relationships that I have and why they don't seem to come naturally to me.
While reading these things hurts me, I don't think it would be a good depiction of my life to only have the happy moments on record. Plus, I think that it was something that taught me a lot that I don't want to loose.
What I really should probably do is put them in a special folder so I can know before I open it what it contains.
I think that mainly it just caught me off guard.