If you would like to link to us....

If you would like to link to us go right ahead, I do ask though that if you know us in real life that you use my kids blog names if you refer to them. I don't use them in my blog or the title for safety purposes. Thanks so much!
~April

Monday, March 14, 2011

Jer Lost His Job

Well, the title about says it all.

Today Jer came home from work with the news that he had been fired. Over a technicality at that, but it still doesn't change the fact.

He has been tired of working on the phones for quite some time.. it had started to be a drain on him emotionally and mentally, so hopefully this is a blessing in disguise.

This may mean many things, hopefully not many bad things. But if that is the case... it's the case and there isn't much I can do about it.

Jer is great about just about everything that he applies himself to. He is efficient and has a lot of common sense, he is also very good at learning new things. I know that whatever he ends up doing, he will do it well.

If you hear of anything, please let us know. This doesn't exclude me getting a job as well, If I need to (which is likely) I will.

Here's to hoping that this whole thing turns into a good opportunity.

10 comments:

Loni said...

What the what? Man, April, I'm so sorry to hear that. My prayers will be with your family and I'll let you know if I hear anything.

Nat said...

Oh geez! That sucks! I'll pray for you and your family. Hopefully something comes up for you soon. (I'm just trying to think of any places that I've seen around town that would be hiring...nothing comes to mind right off but I'll keep an eye out.)

Winders said...

I am so sorry to hear this. What a stressful time. I am sending love and prayers.

FluffyChicky said...

That totally sucks! The Husband says that Qwest is nit-picking EVERYTHING and that it seems that they are really going after the people that are on the higher pay scale (which of course, The Husband is on). Was Jer on the higher scale? If I hear of any places that are hiring, I will let you know.

Unknown said...

Yup, he was on the high pay scale. Ahhhh such is life I guess.

I have to remind myself to look at it like an opportunity, he was burned out there anyways, 6 years is too much for a high stress job.

FluffyChicky said...

The Husband has been at Qwest for almost 7 years...he would love to quit and find something else except he is taking a class through Kaplan and if he quits, he is going to be responsible for paying the tuition/class fee...$3000 we don't have. He'd much rather put up with Qwest and have them pay for the class. :) I know it is really personal and you don't have to tell me, by what technicality did they get Jer on? The Husband said that a gal on his team that had been there for a year longer than he has got canned last week over availability. Sooo unfair and frustrating. Especially when Qwest is starting a new training class this month and is having ANOTHER hiring event.

Unknown said...

"Code of Conduct" Basically he put someones stuff in a "package" to save them money and failed to mention that in the processes of saving them money their internet was also a faster speed. So lower cost, higher speed. No one is going to get mad at the company for that. No one.

FluffyChicky said...

Wow. What absolute bullshit. I have no other word for that situation.

Unknown said...

AMEN!!!

Ahren said...

Sorry to hear that. I hope something good works out for you soon.