If you would like to link to us....

If you would like to link to us go right ahead, I do ask though that if you know us in real life that you use my kids blog names if you refer to them. I don't use them in my blog or the title for safety purposes. Thanks so much!
~April

Monday, January 26, 2009

Random, Randomness.... and Some Pictures.

So after spending a few hours trying to find all the essentials for living at the new house I gave up for a while and headed back to Grandma S's house.... well, giving up was part of it, the other part was the fact that Goober was going to be home from school soon and I had no clue if anyone would be home to meet him outside of myself.

Today was my In-Laws 30Th anniversary so my father-in-law took the day off, slept in, and followed my mother-in-law around on errands all day. Oh, and they managed to stop by Leatherby's for ice cream too :) Yummm.

After lunch and homework time Goober and Missy decided to go see if friends could play and the Energizer Bunny went down for a recharge. And I, for a change, resisted the urge to do something "productive" and also got a chance for a small recharge :) Yippy... I woke up to EG fussing through the monitor and as soon as I brought him upstairs I noticed Missy walking past the window on her way home, Goober was right in front of her.

I must say the timing was perfect. So nice to get a little well needed sleep. Especially since I've been suffering with a retched cough. And by "retched" I mean RETCHED. I've been sleeping in a separate room from Jer cause I feel bad for the poor guy having to try to sleep through my HACKING. At least it seems to be on the way out though. Maybe it's the obscene amounts of vitamin C I've been ingesting....

The Energizer Bunny has taken a great interest in blankets lately. LOVES them. No, I take that back.... He loves walking around with them draped over his head blocking all vision and causing him to crash into random objects regularly. :)

Here is a picture of him bringing a blanket to me so that I can put it over his head.... though he can do this himself, I guess I'm much more proficient at it.

He has also taken to sucking on his fingers..... er, finger mostly, sometimes a couple. Usually it's just his index finger shoved in his mouth as though he is trying to poke a hole in something. The whole finger sucking thing was something that I'd hoped he would avoid. Goober sucks on his index and middle fingers when he is tired, upset, or bored, and Missy sucks on her thumb (while at the same time sticking her index finger up her nose.... fun fun.). Anyhow, hopefully EG won't get too stuck on it since he has only recently started sucking on his finger while his siblings both started when they were really young.

Tonight Missy was being hilarious. I think that she must take after he mother... boy does she know how to pester and tease. It seems to come second nature to her. Image THAT?!?! :) Goober was trying to play Lego Batman and Missy was intent that he not be able to focus on it! He insisted on laying on him, poking at him, and squishing his cheeks till the both ended up in peels of laughter therefore fulfilling her objective. She did it again and again until bedtime. I'm so glad that they can play that way and not end up in a fight (sometimes at least). My kids crack me up. So fun to watch. I'm so glad they are such good friends!

And that is all for the random randomness for today :)


3 comments:

Kar said...

Sadie torments Dylan, too. Sometimes he giggles; sometimes he punches her. Sigh.

Nat said...

Ah, naps! I took a small one yesterday. I'm also trying to get over a cold, and now I have the sinus stuffy/runny nose thing going on. Seriously, do boogers ever stop? I hope you feel better soon, and HOLY COW is EB HUGE! I haven't seen him for a while.

Tandee said...

Glad you got a nap in! I just read your post about Bee, and I have to tell you that Kortney has been on the receiving end of stings like that, too. It makes me sad for her, but maybe it's either a kindergarten thing, a girl thing, or our kids just have some mean friends. Hopefully it is just a phase that will end soon. I realize that they're all learning how to be social, and hopefully our kids can learn how to be kind to others through it all... Good luck. =/