I think I'm odd.
No, I know I'm odd. But I think I may be odd in the friendship arena too.
I can't decide if it's just that I'm standoffish or that I am uninteresting or maybe it is the way I handle people. I think it may be the later. You see... every time I move I loose contact with EVERYONE I lived near. No kidding.
I have a few close friends who follow me through my moves but seldom did they actually live near me beforehand. I think this is due to the fact that I have a hard time telling between acquaintances and friends when they are in really close proximity to me. Mainly cause it's really not a conscious choice of theirs to stay in touch with me or vice verse. So when I move I get caught up in the whole "moving" activity and fail to keep in contact. Then when I finally come out of the "Organize, throw out, where in the world am I going to put THIS!?" mode it has been a while and would be kinda weird for me to out of nowhere call the people who lived near me beforehand. I mean, now I don't have the convenient "Can I borrow an egg" or "I have a question about insert activity already attended here".
I know it would be much easier if those people called me first, cause then I would know they still wanted to be friends, but they seldom do.
Now, I'm not feeling bad for myself here, just self analysing. Do most people stay in contact with people in their old neighborhoods? Am I odd this way or normal? Were they really all acquaintances and nothing to be all analytical over? I dunno.
I think I'm now confused.
4 comments:
I know what you mean, Apes. I've moved A LOT, and people who I thought were really close friends of mine in my old ward or neighborhood don't end up keeping in touch. It's so weird. It used to hurt my feelings, but now I don't really care.
I think it's just easier to associate with people when you see them often. Think about when you moved to college; did you keep tight with your high school buddies? I know I didn't, just because we weren't around each other. There were a few, but not many. When my parents moved to their new ward, they've kept in touch with very few people from the old ward. Not that they wouldn't still consider them friends, but they just don't see them very much.
You move too much! Just stay put! Haha! just kidding, kind of. I have the same problem, and i move a lot! Let me know when you figure it out! love ya!
You are normal. If you think of your old neighbors and want to keep in touch, don't be afraid to make the first contact. Maybe they are still waiting for you to settle in.
Post a Comment