Last week I decided I should start to get the kids geared for the school schedule. And I guess me too.... since I don't much like getting up early.
Sunday I boldly stated: "I will get them up at the time they will need to get up for school tomorrow!"
And Monday came and my alarm went off at six freaking fifteen in the morning and I looked at it in wonder and thought "what in the name of Hades was I THINKING???!" and I turned it off and went back to bed.
Goober got up at 8:21 (his bus is supposed to pick him up at 8:09am).
That night I decided that maybe a different tactic was needed. I decided to "ease" everyone into it... so the kids went to bed at eight thirty instead of nine.
This morning my alarm went off at 6:45 (trying to eeeeeease... mind you). I hopped out of bed, stood there for a moment, thought "I should probably go exercise", and promptly lay back down again.
The alarm again went off at 7:15 and I got in the shower.... Goober was up by 7:45 courtesy of our loverly randomly opening garage door having to be closed because sometime during the night it opened. Missy and EB were up soon after... though not soon enough the Missy didn't protest loudly about getting dressed for the day instead of staying in PJ's all day long.
Tonight we restarted the whole school night routine. We cleaned up, got on PJ's, (Missy decided that licking her knee was "fun") read scriptures (while the kids sat criss cross apple sauce or"criss crass assol sass" according to Missy), said family prayer (with EB jumping all over), read each kid a book of their choice (which they sat quietly for... imagine!), and told them to go jump into bed at 8:00.
It is now 9:04 and I can hear both EB and Goober messing around upstairs... I'm hoping that getting up early will solve this issue... if not I guess the bedtime goes back to 8:30 or 9:00 again. :P Which then pushes my "me time" back too.....
THEN HOW AM I SUPPOSED TO GET UP AT 6:15AM?!?! But moooooooooom I don't want to get up early!!!!!!!!
5 comments:
I thought the same thing: I should start onto their regular routine. So I think my kids finally got to bed by 9:30 (that's progress, let me tell you!), and only Kortney was up by 7:30. I figure I can let her get ready really quick for school while I use that half hour to wake up our dead-to-the-world sleeper, Taylor, who will be in a.m. preschool (why a.m.? I still have no idea)...
We are SOOOO in the same boat!
I am SO with you. Last night we actually got the kids in bed at 9:00. Um, yeah, it's going to have to be by 8:30 at the LATEST during the school year. Ugh. Oh, and Jakob has to catch the bus at 7:45. 7:45!!! a.m.!!! (Right now my kids wake up at 8:30, 15ish minutes after school is going to START in 5 days!) *sigh* I am SO not a morning person. Ugh, I tell you!
Oh jeez. That post just threw me into mildly overwhelmed feelings. I don't even know when Dylan's bus comes in the morning! Hahaha! And I guess I should go sign him up for a lunch account thingey, huh? Dang. Good job on the nightly routine thing. You're a good mom.
Thanks for the belly laughs (Missy's version of criss cross applesauce and licking her knee)! Reminds me of when I was a little kid.
Post a Comment