If you would like to link to us....
If you would like to link to us go right ahead, I do ask though that if you know us in real life that you use my kids blog names if you refer to them. I don't use them in my blog or the title for safety purposes. Thanks so much!
~April
~April
Sunday, July 29, 2012
Boating
Today my parents took us boating! Yay, I love boating... there is just something about the way that the water hits to side of the boat and the sound of the engine that is just completely relaxing. It's always been that way too! My mom says that when I was a baby a sure way to get me to sleep was to put me on their bed (they had a Bayliner at the time with a cabin that had a bed in the very front) and the motion of the boat would put me to sleep.
Today was perfect! We went to Palisades Lake which is near the Idaho/Wyoming boarder. No idea why it is called Palisades though... apparently a palisade is a cliff and (to me anyways) there wasn't much that qualified as a "cliff". Now Lake Powell? THAT has CLIFFS! Anyways, back to what I was getting at...It was just hot enough that getting in the water was enticing and the water was warm enough that your body would adjust to it fairly quickly. The water was smooth and clear enough that Turbo was concerned about "falling" when it was time to swim.
The kids had a blast tubing and each of them took a turn going "solo".
I love the fact that they are getting old enough to do that! Goober even asked to try wake boarding! Unfortunately a sneaky storm snuck in and started to make the water choppy so I had to tell him that next time he could try that. Now, you have to understand, of all of my children Goober is my cautious one. He hates the feel of butterflies in his stomach and freaks out a little when he gets that sensation, he is always the one that is most concerned with safety. While being brave has pros and cons - you learn new things but might break a few bones on the way, so does being cautious -you are less likely to hurt yourself but also less likely to have amazing experiences because you don't want to go out of your comfort zone. I was amazed at how brave he was on the tube (dad got going pretty fast and Goober even got outside the wake!) and it gives me a lot of hope that even though he is cautious he can still put that aside at times.
Overall, it was a really good day. :)
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
Ohhhh, this makes me want to cry. I'm still so sad my dad sold his boat. The best times of my life were on the boat at Palisades. :)
Post a Comment