So before we would have the kids all bath and go through a big long bedtime routine (which helped them calm down when they were younger)... I decided that I would try having Goober do most of his daily maintenance in the morning instead and see if that worked. I also decided that I needed to start waking them up before 9:30am, not only to prep them for school (I KNOW!!! It's sneaking up on me!! one month away... meh!) but also to try to help Missy with her insomnia by getting her up and out in the light earlier - hopefully this will help reset her internal clock.
Holy crapola did it help!
Now he gets up, get's breakfast, goes and practices piano (a huge frustration before) while waiting for his siblings to finish showering, then takes his shower and does all his other daily stuff.
In the evening I simply have them go and get PJ's on and then a read a chapter of Harry Potter to them and off to bed they go. There is still a bit of talking, but if I hear them I simply open their bedroom door and leave it open.
I was making this WAY WAY harder than it needed to be!!!
I just started waking them up earlier today, mostly because my sister was at my parents house this morning and I wanted to be sure the kids saw their cousins etc... Besides, I just plane like hanging out with my sister! Anyways, tomorrow will be the second day of waking them up early, hopefully it will go like today - in that Missy was fairly cooperative - then again, she was excited to see her cousins and that is a good motivator!
I'm not nearly as frustrated as I was... hopefully this lasts!
| Expelliarmus!!! |
P.S. the family councilor never called back... guess I will be calling a different one. I don't want one that doesn't return calls anyways (one of my pet peeves).
1 comment:
This makes me beyond happy!
Post a Comment