If you would like to link to us....

If you would like to link to us go right ahead, I do ask though that if you know us in real life that you use my kids blog names if you refer to them. I don't use them in my blog or the title for safety purposes. Thanks so much!
~April

Friday, July 13, 2012

Stupid People *snicker*

I think I need to take a break from Facebook for a while... I am so tired of seeing sound clips that try to sum up the worlds problems and how we should view them in a single line. I'm sorry, no real problem is simple enough to sum up that way. There are always two sides to every story and completely ignoring one of them for convenience is absurd.

I'm great with people disagreeing with me if they can remain civil while we disagree, however during an election year that's a pretty darned rare thing. I don't usually comment on political posts online for just that reason, I'm tired of the ad hominim attacks and people insisting that I don't know what I'm talking about. I happened to foolishly try to disagree on FB today and because it's been so long since someone online has attacked me it really made me mad.

I am not stupid. Yes, I don't know everything... so teach me! Don't tell me to take a class or read a book, cause honestly I'm not going to do that when "you" are being a complete ass about it. In fact, your insistance on it make me LESS likely to do as you suggest because I'm stubborn like that and hate to feel forced into anything.

Grrrr.

George Washington didn't want the American people to section themselves into an "us" and "them" because he felt it would be the downfall of the nation. He was mostly talking about political parties. As a watch how people treat others who disagree with them I have to agree with him... the divisiveness will be the downfall of our nation. We are killing our national spirit from within.

Let see how good I am about staying away from FB for a while... LOL.

Here's some pictures just for fun... cause I felt the post needed some, but didn't have anything that really went along :)





Turbo after he discovered how to take pictures of himself on my Ipod.

1 comment:

Kar said...

One of the things I love best about you is how you like to discuss things. If someone has a different opinion than you, you show them every respect and truly want to know what they're saying. I think you are an educated, lovely person. Kissy, kissy.