This time it was our turn to cook... as it is every third Sunday we eat there. So Jer made stroganoff while I chased the kids around trying to keep them away from the hot surfaces in the kitchen :) After dinner we sat around and talked for a while and Gma S read to the family a little till it was time for the kids to go to bed.

Some Sunday nights we stay to talk or play board games while the kids either play with the oodles of toys that Gma and Gpa keep stashed away or while they play on the playhouse in the backyard. Either way it's a good time for the kids to be able to get to know family that they don't see throughout the week. Hopefully as they get old they will be able to become close friends with their cousin (s) and hopefully understand that their extended family loves them too.
As a child I didn't live near any of my grandparents and was always a little jealous of the kids I knew that could go to their grandparents houses often and were best buds with their cousins. I hope that my kids will be able to understand what a blessing having grandparents live near by is as they get older and hopefully take advantage of it often.
No comments:
Post a Comment