gone to a parent for advice on how to handle a situation with a relative of yours? Just advice... no taking sides etc.
Have you ever had that same relative accuse you of "waging an attack" on them because of it?
Ya. Just happened to me.
All I can say is... my relative must not know me very well if they really think I have it in me to be that malicious... they must not know how much that accusation cuts me to the very core.
6 comments:
Dude, that sucks. I'm sorry. Hope the misunderstandings become understandings.
April, you know my mom and sister?? hahahaha ...
Yeah, that's why I stay drama free and made HARD choices to let go. I need my immediate family to be "healthy" and follow what the Gospel teaches us.
I listened to Elder Oaks during Gen. Conf. and his talk of "Love and Law" and I had to apply that to my own life. I want MY family to be eternal. How can I do that if my family (or anyone outside of your home) causes conflict and/or strife in your home?? It was a hard choice to make but either we are all headed in the same direction, or some baggage needs to be cut loose. The OTHER party has a choice as well, so you should not carry guilt or blame if you do what you know is right.
Good luck. 2010 is just around the corner. Fresh start.
May
Nat - somehow I don't think they will. Think I may have to cut my losses... shame on me for wanting to be closer than just an acquaintance. I will try to learn from this and not make the same mistake twice.
May - it's nice to know others have been in the same boat. What is it with mental instability in my family?!?! And yes, 2010 is just around the corner. Think I may just adopt my best friend as a sister and call it good... who knows though, we will see.
Oh, Apes, that sucks soooo much. You are right; anyone who knows you knows that you are not a malicious person. Always, you are trying to find ways to communicate and make things better. If that person interpreted that as an attack, they are sorely mistaken. I hate when there is drama in the family. It eats at me if things aren't right between me and someone else.
May your heart be comforted in knowing you've done all you can to resolve and correct this misunderstanding. We can only control our own actions; not those of another. It is the intent of communications which matter, not necessarily the content. Try not to let it make you bitter and cynical. I love you just the way you are.
Just as long as you do it quietly and with class. Of course then your relative will think you have lost all your marbles. I'm speaking from experience = P
I'm sending 2 boys on a mission. No matter what my mom or sister think, that SCREAMS what type of parent I have been and what my home practices. You hang in there sister. Life will be wonderful for YOUR family because YOU know who you are.
May
Post a Comment