If you would like to link to us....

If you would like to link to us go right ahead, I do ask though that if you know us in real life that you use my kids blog names if you refer to them. I don't use them in my blog or the title for safety purposes. Thanks so much!
~April

Thursday, December 10, 2009

Why in the WORLD are they so hard to buy for!?

Well, never mind, I know the answer to that.

Who am I talking about? Parents! That's who.

I don't know about you, but my parents and in-laws seem to have about everything they could want (that is in my price range anyways) and if per chance I DO come across something they MIGHT want oftentimes they end up buying it for themselves before I have the chance to give it to them! UGH! lol

Can you tell I still have shopping to do? :)

7 comments:

Nikia, May and da kids said...

This is off beat but it's a true story. I was raised by my grandfather so when I use to ask him, "Papa what do you want or need for Christmas?" His reply for years was the same. "Make me something I can leave for the other grandkids, because I can't take it with me when I go meet your grandma." She had passed years earlier, so I buy books or quirky things with stories to be handed down through the generations for older people I know.

May

FluffyChicky said...

I have the same problem! My mom is so hard to shop for because whenever she sees something she likes, she buys it right then.! So I almost always have to give her a gift certificate. But this year, she has been talking about a netbook so my siblings and I took a chance and bought one for her. I know she hasn't bought one yet, so I hope that doesn't means she decided she hated the netbook idea.

My in-laws are equally hard to shop for because they are ultra picky. They haven't used ANY of the presents we have ever bought them. So this year, I've bought them a digital photo frame and I am going to load it up with pictures of all the kids and grandkids and hope for the best.

Tyson and Rachelle said...

I feel the exact same way! It's so fun to read your blog. Hope you and your family are doing well! We will be moving home for good in May! I AM SO EXCITED!

Tandee said...

Parents are the worst to buy for, I think. I have to come up with some creative thing each year, or wait for my siblings to figure out some group gift I can go in on (I like those the best). Good luck. And you're not the only one who still has shopping to do! =/

Unknown said...

And YAY, due to this post my parents got me a list of things that are in my price range! WOOOOOT ...

Who knew a blog could be so helpful when it is your own!?

Kar said...

Yeah, it's hard to buy for the people who have everything they really want. Nat is having a hard time shopping for Pete for the same reason - he goes out and gets the things he wants.

Nat said...

Yeah, I do the lame-o gift card to a restaurant. Which actually, if someone gave that to me, I'd be all SWEET, but I did it last year and this year... But my parents are the same, they have everything they want/need, and if not they go and get it.