Today's question is a 2 parter:
Who do you admire most and why? This can be someone you actually know or someone public. Or both, I don't really care :)
Who do you least want to be like and why? Again, this can be someone you know personally or not. And nothing trite people! No: "I never want to be like Hitler!" That's kind of a given.... :P
4 comments:
I want to be like...hmmmm I have to think a little more about this one...
But at the moment I know I don't want to ever be like my mother in law...she is belittling and degrading and makes you feel like less of a person. I don't understand how one person can make you feel like crap so much! I will post again when I come up with who I would like to be most like this is a very good question!
Jeez, I need to think about this. I don't want to be like my stepfather-in-law. He is a ridiculous person. He says stupid things. And he expects everyone to serve him. He reminds me of a ninety-year-old woman, even though he's only sixty. I don't know how my mother-in-law can stand him.
This is going to sound really stupid, but I admire girls with moxy. Ones that won't be pushed around. Ones with power. Probably because I'm a little too timid in my own life. I love listening to the Black-Eyed Peas because of Fergie (I also have her solo CD). She is just... POWERFUL. And so dang cool. I'm sure no one messes with her.
Mostly, I don't want to be like my dysfunctional and back-biting family. For people who are supposed to love you and help you through life, they sure act like your worst enemies.
I admire courageous people. Those with backbone, high morals, compassion, and who, in spite of danger to themselves, press onward. The longer I'm around this ol' world, the fewer people I admire because humans are inherently flawed.
I admire Nancy Pelosi (not because of her party or political leanings, but) because of her courage and persistence in breaking the glass ceiling that says that women "can't". She holds one of the most powerful positions in the nation yet, still, consistently has to fend off mysogynistic males who have territory issues in a cut-throat profession. Half (or slightly over half) of our senators and representatives should be female based upon population percentage representation.
Post a Comment