If you would like to link to us....

If you would like to link to us go right ahead, I do ask though that if you know us in real life that you use my kids blog names if you refer to them. I don't use them in my blog or the title for safety purposes. Thanks so much!
~April

Wednesday, June 16, 2010

California Vacation Pt 1: Medievil Times

It's raining outside and I'm mad about it... and here I thought I would Weed & Feed my lawn! ha! So since Mother Nature obviously doesn't want me to accomplish anything outside today I have suddenly found time to blog! Mwhahaha!

While we were in California, Erika & Jason & ourselves went to Medievil Times. I have only been to a Medievil Times once in my life and it was when I was seven and my parents took us to Disneyworld.
Dinner was lots of fun! We totally ate everything with just our hands, aren't those handles on the bowls handy? :D

Then the show commenced!

We sat in the Red and Yellow knights area (hence the color of our crowns)... and since it's really awkward to yell "Red & Yellow" to a rhythm when cheering for our guy, Erika and I decided that "Rellow" would have to do! Astro from the Jestons would have been proud!


But alas our knight was a wuss and was the first one to be offed by the malicious and surly Green knight (the bad guy)... he was most definitely a Slytherin!

Very moody.

Had a temper too.

Apparently he was pissed off because people wanted peace. The Nerve of some people.... Peace! Pshaw!

When the introduction to the tournament was done all of the knights rode out of the arena together... the Green was right next to our Rellow knight... I bet our Rellow knight looks back now and wishes he had turned and sucker punched the dude, or maybe stabbity-stabbed him with the sharp pointy thing in his belt. Especially since he was the first one offed and all....

The princess, of course, was a total wuss. Very non-Joan of Arc. She liked to pout about the prince coming up missing, but didn't have any leadership skills to "Get-er-done!!!" as far as finding him!

In the end the prince and the knight who won the tournament (the Black and White knight) fought the foe and came out victorious!!! And we got to see really awesome horses do cool performances and some fun battles with lots of sparks being thrown due to metal swards hitting each other etc!

So fun!

4 comments:

Loni said...

That rocks! It looks like you had tons of fun. Sucks that you got the wussy knight. It must have been because he had ketchup and mustard colors. I'm sorry, but when you look like food, you are going to be offed first...

Maggi said...

Ha! Ha! LOVED Loni's comments. My spouse's high school colors were "ketchup & mustard." We attended rival high schools. Glad you had a "real" vacay! Well deserved . . .

Maggi said...

BTW, terrific photos!!! Thanks for sharing.

Kar said...

Yay!! I love these kinds of things! Nat's and my fam went to something like this in Vegas in that one hotel... what is that hotel called? The one that's like a castle. Anyways. We kept yelling, "Huzzah!!" I love those meals, too, long on the bread and the meat, short on the healthy stuff. Aw yeah.