
Ok, so most of the time if you mention the game "World of Warcraft" in public you get really different reactions depending on the gender you are talking to.
If you happen to be speaking to a group of women you usually get irritation and a bit of "wife aggro" coming through. (BTW Wife aggro = Angry wife's that are usually upset or suspicious of the amount of time their husbands or significant others spend on a particular COMPUTER GAME.)
If you happen to be speaking to a group of guys you will get at least a few if not a lot of questions about what "class" you play and on what "realm" (Class = race, Realm = server). Or if the guy doesn't play you may get questions about how to avoid said "wife aggro" or maybe other specifics about the game.
Being a girl I'm usually expected to be in the "wife aggro" category. But low and behold... I too love the game. In fact, many an evening after the kidlets are in bed you may find Jer and I sitting in front of our computers beating the crap out of unsuspecting "horde", or "questing" for better gear.
I'll admit, at one point I was a little upset by the amount of time Jer spent playing... then we made some rules about playing when the kids are up etc. And I ... be devious like I am :oP decided to make a character for the sneaky objective of finding out what a reasonable amount of time would be to ask Jer to get off! (the game is in real time so it can't just be paused ... you actually have to logg off or find somewhere safe for a few minutes till you can get back)
Well, needless to say, I got hooked! So yes ladies ... I am a trader to that bain called WoW.
Now I guess I'll go clean till the server maintenance is done!
If you happen to be speaking to a group of women you usually get irritation and a bit of "wife aggro" coming through. (BTW Wife aggro = Angry wife's that are usually upset or suspicious of the amount of time their husbands or significant others spend on a particular COMPUTER GAME.)
If you happen to be speaking to a group of guys you will get at least a few if not a lot of questions about what "class" you play and on what "realm" (Class = race, Realm = server). Or if the guy doesn't play you may get questions about how to avoid said "wife aggro" or maybe other specifics about the game.
Being a girl I'm usually expected to be in the "wife aggro" category. But low and behold... I too love the game. In fact, many an evening after the kidlets are in bed you may find Jer and I sitting in front of our computers beating the crap out of unsuspecting "horde", or "questing" for better gear.
I'll admit, at one point I was a little upset by the amount of time Jer spent playing... then we made some rules about playing when the kids are up etc. And I ... be devious like I am :oP decided to make a character for the sneaky objective of finding out what a reasonable amount of time would be to ask Jer to get off! (the game is in real time so it can't just be paused ... you actually have to logg off or find somewhere safe for a few minutes till you can get back)
Well, needless to say, I got hooked! So yes ladies ... I am a trader to that bain called WoW.
Now I guess I'll go clean till the server maintenance is done!
3 comments:
Pete is a WoW player, and I totally have wife aggro! I've been wanting to ask you why you like it so much. Or what server you're on or whatever-maybe you've seen Pete on there. Check his recent post on his blog about his character if you want.
lol I saw that! I wanted to get my toons picture too, but the maintenance prevented me! grrr :)
You crack me up! Well, happy warring!
Post a Comment