If you would like to link to us....

If you would like to link to us go right ahead, I do ask though that if you know us in real life that you use my kids blog names if you refer to them. I don't use them in my blog or the title for safety purposes. Thanks so much!
~April

Monday, April 28, 2008

"Dream the Impossible Dream!"

I've decided that every mother of young children deserves to get a good long nap every day. Unfortunately life doesn't work out that way.

Usually my day starts at 6am-6:30 and I get to bed around 11:30 or midnight. I get up at least twice during those sleeping hours to take care if Little Li. And if by chance I try to get a nap one of the kids always decides they need me desparately for something.

I don't know about the rest of you, but a good long nap would be heaven.

8 comments:

Jeremy said...

It Doesn't help that your Hubby has been trained over the course of 2 other kids, to block out the baby while sleeping.

Nat said...

No naps for me, unfortunately! I used to nap when I was pregnant with Brock while Jake was down, but it's impossible now with the two awake when Troy's down.

Stephanie said...

Happy Birthday April! I used to be able to nap, but lately I've found that if I nap I can't sleep at night. It would be heaven, though. Nobody naps around here and sometimes that drives me batty!

Kar said...

Same thing happens with me, April - if I decide to take a nap during Dylan's preschool and Sadie's naptime, that is when Sadie will inevitably choose to yell, whoop, sing, call for more drink, etc. But Stephanie has a point. I took a nap yesterday, because my hubby was home, and last night, I barely slept a wink. It's a conundrum.

Melissa said...

Yes! I agree! We have mandatory rest time at our house. Raegan sleeps, I sleep, and Carsen lays on my bed watching tv....yeah, I realize that this says I am the kind of mom that would make her kids watch tv just so I can get a quick nap....it is worth it to me!

Tandee said...

Oh, yeah! Neil and I somehow take turns letting each other take a nap on Sundays. It's nice. But then it's back to work! =)

Tandee said...

I hope you had a happy birthday, by the way! No snow at least! =)

Layton Mom said...

I would love a nap but, I settle for quiet time. I try to get the two little ones to nap at the same time and then Ila gets to have quiet resting time. This gives me a little time to get something done. Or just veg on the couch.