If you would like to link to us....

If you would like to link to us go right ahead, I do ask though that if you know us in real life that you use my kids blog names if you refer to them. I don't use them in my blog or the title for safety purposes. Thanks so much!
~April

Wednesday, December 24, 2008

Nicknames. UGH

My kids have issues.

Ok, I think you all knew that... I mean COME ON! Look at who their mother is. :) And if you need to look at the rest of the family go right ahead.... we are all a little odd.

Anywho.... onto the topic at hand.

My kids have issues. They have issues with nicknames.

Let me give you a warning:
DO NOT CALL MY CHILDREN ANYTHING BUT THEIR GIVEN NAMES (to their faces... hahaha, I know I'm evil!) They do have a couple of nicknames from birth that they allow, but even most enduring nicknames are out of bounds Buster!

Here is a scenario to illustrate....

Me (Speaking to Missy): Hiya Goldilocks!

Missy: I NOT Goldilocks!!!

Me: But you have golden hair.

Missy: NO! My hair is NOT Golden!!!

Me: Alllllllrightythen.....

(I then drop conversation because it's not worth the battle that would ensue)

Want another??? M'kay...

Gma S (speaking to Goober): Fred come here.

Goober: My names not Fred.

Gma S: (teasing): Okay George. Please come here...

Goober: My name is GOOBER.

Gma: Come here please.

Goober: MY NAME IS NOT GEORGE. MY NAME IS GOOBER.

Gma S: OK Goober, Please come over here.

Goober goes over to Gma S and Gma talks to him for a bit then
slips in a non kosher nickname...


Goober: MY NAME IS GOOBER!!!!!! (yelling)

Gma S: I know your name is Goober, please stop yelling.

she then proceeds to give him a hug to comfort him.



I later asked her about this exchange because I watched it wondering who would back down first about something so asinine (I like that word lately!). She wanted to know if there was a point at which he would back down.

MWHAHAHAHA!!! BACK DOWN?!?! Does she not realize who his MOTHER is and that as a kid he doesn't pick battles yet but fights everything under the sun? And this includes when people FULLY agree with him and he thinks they don't for some random reason...

I then informed her that no, he never backs down on the name thing. Never. He will pitch a fit and end up in Time Out just as his little sister would.... yes, over a goofy name that isn't the least bit negative.

I hate to think about if someone called them something negative.... and they realized it was negative.... Would they react the same way?

Probably.

snicker

2 comments:

Erika Kiel said...

Do you like the word asinine because you use it a lot since moving in with the in-laws?! LOL... just kidding!! Merry Christmas!

Kar said...

That's funny!! Dylan is like Goober. Would rather die than back down. I really wish he was a little more mellow...