I mean REALLY!?!?
I have no clue what to get Goober's teacher for Christmas. NO CLUE. I mean, what do you get for someone you really don't even know as much as an acquaintance?
I have no idea what this lady likes. Hopefully she likes kids (Goober seams to like her, so she must.... right?) I don't want to get her something she is inclined to just throw away. Cause even stuff that you are inclined to throw away cost someone some moola, ya know?
So any ideas people? really, I'm at a total loss here. SPILL IT! :D
Pretty please with sugar on top?
16 comments:
Well... these are pretty cheesy idea's, but what kind of these types of gifts aren't cheesy? I've done an apple with some hershey kisses in a cute bag with a saying "teachers can't live by apples alone- they need hugs too" . Or a loaf of yummy bread from Great Harvest with the saying "For being there when you're "kneaded", for "rising" to the occasion, for never "loafing" on the job- no matter how you "slice" it you're a terrific teacher. Okay that's my two cents- good luck with getting more ideas!
I don't know either. I gave Lisy's teacher a thank you card for Thanksgiving, but I hadn't really thought about Christmas. Good luck. I might suggest just having Goober make her a Thank you card, really cute. It's cheap and she's more likely to keep it around.
I'd just do a card, maybe some candy or something. Something simple, because she probably doesn't expect anything.
I asked my mother this very question. She was an elementary teacher for ages and now teaches Middle School. She said get them something edible, like Amberlee's suggestions. Mom said she had boxes and boxes of trinkets that she jsut tossed after years of trying to decide what to do with all of them.
One year I gave a basket full of stickers "Good Job" "A+", smiley faces and such to add to the children's school work. I also included some stamps and stamp pads to use in the class room. You could also give a couple of movie tickets in a card, a $10 gift certificate... just a few ideas..
A books for her class is always good. Good luck!!!
We take the kids to the dollar store and let them pick out a mug or something. This way, it's from the kid - they know the teacher better than I do! The teacher may end up tossing it one day, but it's the gesture today that counts!
I think those little things where you have a cocoa packet, and then a stick of peppermint, and tied with a bow, are good. I love peppermint hot cocoa. Or you could just give an extra of whatever you were planning to give to your visiting teachees or something. I haven't even thought about it for Dylan's teacher! I make poppyseed bread for in-town friends (one is coming your way, baby), neighbors, visiting teachees, etc., so maybe I'll make an extra for Miss V.
I think she might treasure a cute Christmas card made by Goober saying something from him on the inside. I, like Mommy Madness, think that a book for her class is a great idea (one she doesn't already have)-- but they can be expensive. I vote for the handmade card.
Aprillium's Dad says, "Give her your own version of Matilda's "Chokey"!
I always give $10 Starbucks gift cards. There is something there for everyone! This year I am going to have Abrie color something as well. She has two teachers at school and two dance teachers, so I don't like to do more than about $10 for each.
Rocks in my dryer posted just a week or so ago with a whole BUNCH of ideas of things to give teachers. I don't remember them off the top of my head, but I know she mentioned things like gift certificates (blockbuster, starbucks, etc), and office supplies (many teachers have to buy their own, so they really appreciate it).
hope that helps!
We're broke. 3 kids homeschool. 3 kids go to public school but that involves 5 teachers.
Target had some nice gold foil wrapped boxes of a selection of Pepperidge Far cookies that are usually 6.99 each on sale for 2 for 5.00.
Further their big boxes of chcolates like Pot Of Gold brand and Cold Stone Creamery truffles were 2/8.00.
It's not much but it's something. I included the bus driver too.
Oh, and for point of reference we live on the "wrong" side of the tracks for the school zoning. Literally. It's us and the country club neighbor on the other side of the railroad tracks.
In the past, those moms have given elaborate gift baskets and spa certificates to the teachers. I can't compete with that.
I think a gift card in a small amount to somewhere popular would be appreciated. I guess in IF that would be Target or Wal-Mart. I can't quite remember what else you might have there.
We like to give gift cards to Barnes and Noble, teachers always seem to appreciate books. My son had a teacher who just loved the idea of buying a book for herself to read when school was out for a couple of weeks. We have also done See's candy. Who doesn't love chocolate. And a small gift card to see's will buy quite a lot of yummy chocolate. Good luck! We are making aprons for the teachers this year, I have no idea how I got myself into this project!
Post a Comment