PLAY WORLD OF WARCRAFT AT WORK.
You see that nifty thing that is up on the shelf? it kinda looks like a soup can. Well, that is a "Cantenna" people. It helps to amplify and stabilize a wireless signal for people who aren't really close to said signal.... I think he's about a block away from the house with the UNSECURED (read "no password required") Internet connection.
Now mind you, Jer is actually doing nothing wrong by using this Internet connection. It's perfectly legal etc etc etc. But if for some reason your Internet is REALLY DEATHLY SLOW during the day (consistently) you may just want to make sure your modem is a secure one :) Because people that have no access to internet at work and are bored between calls just might notice that good ol' unsecured wireless connection.
3 comments:
So if I sign in with a password to my internet I should be fine right? I need to know this stuff..thanks:)
Basically if you take someone elses laptop and try to connect wirelessly to the internet they would be able to without any password etc. Basically if you don't know if your modem is secure the best way to find out is to either try to connect with another persons laptop or to call your internet provider.
We noticed that our neighbor was going outside on his laptop to surf the net. (This was before it got butt cold outside.) We figured that he was bumming off of someone else.
Post a Comment