Honestly, I'm really happy it finally snowed. Don't get me wrong, I don't really enjoy driving on slippery roads that much, but I do enjoy having winter actually feel like winter. I like having Christmas feel like Christmas. I like clearing the driveway. I like not seeing brown lawns anymore.
woooooh, back up there... I like clear the driveway???
Yup, actually I do. And let me tell you why :)
I think the reason most people don't like clearing the walks is because it's a lot of work. True, it is. But it's also a good excuse to exercise. I always feel better after I've done it. I can actually SEE the results of the work I've just done, unlike laundry and wiping down the kitchen counter it doesn't always get undone within five minutes. Plus I feel like I've helped out Jer. He then doesn't have to stress about doing it after work (after dark) when it's really bitter cold.
It's a nice break from the kidlets... even when they come out with me (in their cute little hats, mittens, and snow gear), the snow mutes their yelling and screaming and they are always happy to be playing in the snow. They seldom fight when they are preoccupied with making snow angels, trying to shovel the snow, and throwing snow at each other. And afterwords we have a nice hot cup of hot chocolate together. When they aren't "helping" me clear the walks it means real utter quiet. Peaceful quiet. Especially if it's still snowing a little bit.
Not just peaceful. That's not quite right. PRISTINE. That's a better word for it.
It's absolutely Pristine. And I love the fact that I have an excuse to take advantage of it.
1 comment:
Wow, I think you're the only girl in the world who likes to shovel! But I see your point, about the snow muffling the kids' yelling, and about it being just quiet when the kids are inside.
Post a Comment