6 Unspectacular Quirks About Me....
1. Here goes.... first I'm really nutty about the placement of my glass at the table. It seriously drives me a little nutty when it's placed wrong. I could care less about the utensils or even the plate... but the cup? Nope, that needs to be at exactly a 45 degree angle from the top of my plate towards the right hand side. Jeremy used to tease me about this by sneakily moving it mid meal to see how fast I would notice.... grrr. I've since become a little less anal about it. I think having kids will do that to you! :)
2. Ok, you know those moments in the day when you get really tired? Almost predictably? Yeah I have 2. One in the afternoon and one at about 10:30 pm. The latter one is easily remedied right? Just go to bed you say? Nope, not me.... I push through the darned thing. MOST of the time at least... last night I actually succumbed to it and ooooooo it felt so good to sleep that long. Somehow most of the time I talk my self out of it cause I have things I want to do. But whenever I do go to bed "early" I'm really glad I did. :)
3. Window Wells. Yup, you got it. I'm WAY paranoid about window wells. I don't want my kids ANYWHERE near the darned things. They scare the CRAP out of me. Ask Tandee, she's seen "Paranoid Mom" make her appearances...
Kids steps within 2 feet of window well
Me: GET AWAY FROM THE WINDOW WELL!!!!
Kid looks at me like I'm insane
Me: YOU'RE GOING TO FALL IN AND BREAK YOU NECK!!!!
Kid slowly backs away because some strange freaking out woman has replaced mom
Me: Away from the window well, that's right.... THANK YOU!
I know, the likelihood of them falling in is probably not very high, but every time they get near one I have visions of them tripping and flying into the window well head first.... GAH!
4. I LOVE to sleep in but as soon as I'm up I HAVE to shower... I hate feeling grungy in the morning and a shower is the best thing. I cannot hang out in my PJ's for over 15 min without feeling "icky". Now in the evening? That's different, love hanging out in my PJ's then :)
5. Now, I don't know if this one is normal or not... I go through funky social stages. for a few months I'm outgoing and want to do EVERYTHING and be everywhere socially and then BAM all of the sudden I'm hermit women. I just want to stay home and read... all the time... like nonstop. Does anyone else do that???
6. Oh, here is the last one... man those are kinda hard to come up with. When I'm reading if you want my attention you almost have to take my book away from me. You can scream and yell, but believe you me... it probably won't make a difference. I'm THAT good at tuning EVERYTHING out when reading. Jer says to get my attention he almost has to "beat me".
I tag Kar, Andrea, and Arin... have fun!
4 comments:
Those are so fun to read! Yeah, I laughed at the one about window wells. I thought about you when my kids all leaned over ours this spring to see what weeds or dead things were in them from last year. =)
You are so cute!! I love it. I'll have fun trying to figure out my quirks. I'll have to call Ben. He is good at pointing them out!
You crack me up! Now I have to make up some quirks cuz heaven knows I don't really have any. :) Tee HEE!
I don't freak out so much about my kids falling into window wells anymore, but I still want to get covers because I hate them throwing things and dirt into the wells!
Post a Comment