Ok, so last night I watched the presidential debate. Interesting. I don't think anyone really hit it out of the park. There was a lot of facts without the whole story on both sides of the debate.
Example: Comments about Henry Kissinger and supporting communication between America and other less desirable countries. BOTH candidates were right. Obama said that Kissinger supported communication with countries like Iran (true), while McCain said Kissinger didn't support presidential communication without preconditions (true). Both of these statments can be true at the same time. Um what are we disagreeing about HERE? They seemed to agree on more things than they disagreed on, but put it in kind of a combative way. What is that all about?
While I've been keeping track of the political campaigning (which doesn't seem to focus on a lot of the issues) I've noticed that most of the bloggers I come across are for Obama. They seem to really focus on Palin and her drawbacks. Saying things like "this is why she scares me". Which is fine. They are allowed their opinion. As am I. So here is my two cents.
This is why he (Obama) scares me:
If you watched the debate did you notice that to almost every question he was asked his response included adding programs. Even when asked what things he would drop due to the economic crisis his answer involved programs we needed to add. (BTW neither candidate said much as to what they would drop, outside of McCain mentioning the possibility of considering a spending freeze on all non essential programs). The thing I don't get... as a fiscal conservative is this. How can he honestly pay for all of these programs without taxing the middle class more? Especially when the rich know all the loopholes. If you tax them more, they will just be more bent on finding loopholes to get out of it. And they will find them. Because our tax system is jacked up.
To sum it up +++programs canNOT = no increase in taxes to the middle class. And Adding increased taxes on just about everyone seems like it would be economic suicide in the current situation. Possibly leading to more serious issues, cause lets face it, the economy effects everything. It just doesn't make any sense to me. So if someone can explain how this could possibly work ... I'm all ears.
Er... eyes.
Er WHATEVER.
I'd be happy to read it and try to be open minded :)
4 comments:
I'm so glad I have a friend who pays attention to politics! :) I need to do some studying on my own. And register to vote. I suck.
Obama seriously SCARES me. I hate to see what will happen if he becomes our president, not that I love McCain all that much either though. I guess we must decide between the lesser of two evils.
350 million people in America, and THESE two are the ones it came down to to lead our country???
At least there's the checks and balances thing, right? So even if the pres. wants to do something, the senate could knock it down.
I agree with amberlee, Obama really scare me. He has no experience, he insulted US troops while visiting them, his old preacher was an extreme racist, he lied about life experiences in his books just to make a few sales and make him seem more personable, and did I say he has no experience? McCain was not my first choice for a Republican nominee but I would take him over Obama, hands down.
Post a Comment