(or one of those days!) that I'm truly glad to be a stay at home mom. I wouldn't have wish to be anywhere else in the whole world.
Why? You may ask...
I dunno, it was just a good day. Mostly it was small things... which is what my days are made up of so really that is saying quite a bit.
Cute things like:
Making Goober lunch for school for the first time and having him uber excited over what I packed him.
Having Missy My cuddle on my lap for a while as we sat and watched Incredibles for the umpteenth time... and the added bonus that it's actually a show I can handle watching that many times!
Looking at Little Li with his new haircut and thinking that my baby is getting so big. He will soon be a toddler. Time flies so fast!
Watching Li toddle around... soon he won't be loosing his balance every 8 steps or so.
Having our wonderful neighbor having Missy over to play with the other kids while Li was down for a nap and Goober was at school.
Having Goober tell me that he shared his candy (which I packed as dessert) with some of his friends at lunch time... color me pink that he thought to do that. Something I'm teaching IS sinking in!!! Either that or he's just nice sometimes... but I'll still take credit. :D
Having Li cry when I leave the room. I know that sounds sappy and he does it for just about anyone in the family... if Goober or anyone else leaves the room he cries too. But I like the fact that sometimes I'm missed not because I'm not there to get a blanket or something to eat, but just 'cause he doesn't want me to leave.
Having Goober, Missy, and Li, play in the sandbox and NOT FIGHT! Hallelujah!!!
While Missy and Goober were in the bath after said sandbox Li came and just lay on the floor between my feet and just looked at me. Content as could be. So Cute.
So ya. Some days are great. On the really bad days I need to be able to remember that. I maybe by writing it down more often I will. Usually I don't find the time to write about the "just" good days. I'm going to work on that more... It makes life better for everyone :)
2 comments:
What a great day! I agree, it's the small things that make such a difference in a SAHM's life.
I need to remember happy moments. I find myself wallowing in the hard moments. My poor kids. They must think I hate them.
Post a Comment