If you would like to link to us....

If you would like to link to us go right ahead, I do ask though that if you know us in real life that you use my kids blog names if you refer to them. I don't use them in my blog or the title for safety purposes. Thanks so much!
~April

Monday, October 20, 2008

Wise? or Just Chicken?

Ok, so about a week and a half ago I decided to try to go donate plasma... I called and scheduled an appointment to have a physical (cause they require it to be approved to donate due to disease and stuff) and then to donate plasma. It was supposed to take 3 hours. 1 and a half for the physical and the same again for the donation.

I called my mom and got her to come watch my kidlets.

For those of you who are unaware... I have an insy bit of a problem with needles. It used to be loads worse (like hyperventilate worse) but after having three children I have been able to learn to manage that fear to a reasonable level. All I have to do is start counting something while that nasty thing is being stabbed in... then WA LA! I'm OK after that.

Well I get to the plasma place. I go in and show them ID and SS card (cause they require it) and proceed to sit down in the waiting area and read their little handout about how if you think there is any possibility of you having AIDS and other health issues you should not donate plasma. (Duh)

I read it... and start to wait.

and wait.

and wait.

And after forty five minutes of waiting I start to get this ominous feeling.

I tried to brush it off... then wondered if it was something more, and if I would regret not listening to it later.

I sit there for a few minutes debating this in my head. Then decided that even if I was going to get the physical etc today It might take three hours after I get out of the waiting area.

Mmmmm.

I can't do that. I have someone coming to look at the house this evening and as it is if I got back 3 hours after I was supposed to have the appointment I would only have 45 min to feed the kidlets something and clean up before having to run like a madwomen out of the house so the realtor could come through.

Okay. So that did it.

I got up and left telling the girl at the front desk that I had a bad feeling and had to go.

So what do you think? Was I being wise to follow my instincts or was I just a big chicken? Or maybe a little of both!?

3 comments:

Kar said...

Wise, wise, wise. Not only because you followed the spirit, but also because it just didn't work in your schedule today. The girl probably gave you a weird look, and you may never know why you were being prompted, but it's best to follow those feelings. In my humble Kar opinion. :)

Nat said...

I think it's wise. I've thought about donating, but I can't handle needles all that well, either, not to mention blood...

CHELZERS said...

ditto. sometimes we'll never know why we 'feel' things, but ALWAYS good to listen! And I guess if you never find out why, it is better than not listeneing and finding out why you should've....right? :)