
Ok, so if you saw the news this morning you probably saw that there was a 7.8 earthquake in China.
Ya. My parents are in China right now.
I haven't heard from them and I'm starting to really worry.
The Earthquakes center was about where the red dot is on the map. My parents are supposed to be at about the blue dot if they were able to fly out of Hong Kong (the green dot) last night at about 8pm. Normally I would have thought that would be far enough... but this thing had people running out fo buildings in Bejing. That's 950 miles away. Farthur than my parents.
Heck, they say you could feel this thing in Thailand. Holy crap.
Here is a link to news from in China in English and here is a link to USGS website on shaking and damage that My sister Win sent me.
---PS for family that is checking this I have emailed dad's translator, called his business partner here, and went to mom and dad's home and found that mom's cell phone was left at home and dad's cell phone is turned off (whereever that may be). Jo called the International Red Cross and there have been no reports about any injured americans in the area that mom and dad are in, though it is still early. After watching things today and the more information that I have gathered I'm fairly certain that mom and dad are okay, we just have to allow time for the communications to come back up so that they can contact us.
8 comments:
April! How scary! We'll pray for them:) Update if you hear anything. What are they doing there?
They are doing a combination vacation and business trip. One of my dad's business associates was going to/got married this last weekend and invited both of my parents over to attend. Since they were going to be over there they decided to take some time and see the sights.
Scary, Scary! I hope that they are okay-have you heard anything more yet?
nope. haven't heard anything yet. Been emailing my brains out though... hopefully they get telecomunications up soon.
I hope you hear from them soon. So frustrating!
Oh my gosh, I totally forgot that your parents were over there right now. Let me know when you hear from them. I would be FREAKING OUT.
YIKES! I hope they're okay...
THEY ARE OK! :) They emailed me this evening and my dad seamed to think everyone was up in the night to be so worried! Silly man, if it were one of us he would have been crazy worried.
Post a Comment