OK. So I was reading one of my favorite blogs recently and it not only reminded me of Nat in many ways (aka the Ocean Car and the days of many dents in High school) but it also made me realize that there are so many things I do that others think are different (aka weird ...actually stupid might be a better term).
I'm oblivious.
If I don't notice your hair it's not cause I don't like it, it's cause I don't even see it. I remember being told by friends in high school that they saw me driving by and that I looked really grumpy as I looked right at them. Then they would proceed to ask if I was mad at them. lol Nope, just didn't see ya! But you were looking right at me! Sorry, really I didn't see you!
Jer asks me often if I noticed this or that. Never fails. I didn't notice. And you thought guys were oblivious!
Part of this obliviousness has a daily effect though. No, I don't loose my children (often).
I stub my toes.
I'm sure you think I mean on occasion. How often does the average person stub their toes? I just asked Jer how often he stubs his toes...
Me: "How often... I mean, do you ever stub your toes?"
Jer: "No, I watch where I walk."
So matter of fact! Like it's just THAT easy. Seriously I stub my toes at LEAST once a day. If not more. And not on random toys around the house like any normal mother. Nope, I stub them on the bottom of the chair I just got out of.... Or on the corner of the cabinet... oh, you know the one that holds the counter up in the kitchen? Yeah the one that was there yesterday. And that has been there since we BUILT THE HOUSE!!!
Honestly I'm surprised that I haven't ever broken any of my toes! or maybe I have but just didn't realize it cause I do it so often? Or could it be that my toes are so used to getting stubbed that they have built up a resistance!?
Yeah, I think that's it! I have superhuman toes!
3 comments:
In my defense...yeah, I hit the mailbox. But Kar's noggin was right behind me so I couldn't see, and I was used to driving the suburban that had zero turning radius.
Also, I backed into Rachelle's car with the suburban, but I totally couldn't see it. AND, when my mom was backing out of the repair shop after fixing the dent from the hit, she totally backed into a short pole and dented it in the same place, because she didn't see it! So I'm not the only one!
Other than that, other people hit me. I think my car had a sign on the hood that I couldn't see: HIT ME!!
Dude, stubbing toes hurts soooo badly. I'm so sorry. That would be really frustrating, to do it on a normal basis. I'm extremely clutzy, too.
Oh, and the mailbox incident - I screamed, "Nat, brake! Brake!! You're going to hit the mailbox!" And she pushed the gas instead of the brake. That is the true story. :)
Post a Comment